Sunday, August 14, 2011

Marine to Police Officer, Need help?

For the New York Police Department, You need atleast two years military service or two years of college. I plan on enlisting in the Marine Corps for four years and wondering about online schooling. Since I already meet the requirement to become a police officer I don't have to worry about that. I'm worried about making a promotion. To become a NYPD SGT You need 64 College credits. To become a NYPD LT You need 94 College credits. And for Capt. You need a Bachelors degree in criminal justice. I don't want to go to school while on the force, so can I get enough credits during my active duty service from online courses? The government pays the whole tuiton for college right? Can I get my bachelors online? I plan on getting a bachelors in criminal justice to meet the requirements of Captain. Even though I might not plan on becoming a captain ( I don't feel like worrying about CompStat and the natural stress captains deal with from high ups. + LT's can make overtime while captains can't. Hope they change that.) Please don't tell me to not worry about this right now.. I like to plan ahead. BTW, Do you need to take the SAT for online cles? Stupid question, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment